This post may contain affiliate links*
Nothing says summer like a good seafood boil! Especially in our area, the local grocery store around summer holidays will have “Lobstermania” specials. Although we get many of our seafood from Costco because it’s delicious but also reasonably priced. You can add more veggies like asparagus or green beans and more seafood like mussels or scallops but below is what we include the majority of time to keep it simple and easy.
What you need:
- 1 pkg uncooked Shrimp
- Lobster tails for each person
- Crab Legs
- 1 pkg Baby Potatoes
- 1 or 2 Andouille Sausage, cut into ½” slices
- corn on the cob, shucked and cut into thirds
- Old Bay seasoning
- Melted butter for dipping
- Bring a large pot of water to boil and add Old Bay Seasoning.
- Keep a light boil going, and add ingredients in order of time to cook:
- Potatoes first for 15 min
- Sausage and Corn for 5 min
- Last add the seafood for 5 – 8 min until thoroughly cooked
- Drain water and spread ingredients on a tray
- Enjoy with melted butter
NOTE: We did not have seafood cracker set, but used kitchen scissors to open the lobster tails. It would’ve been easier to get at the crab legs with the proper tools; we wouldn’t suggest using a fork because it can bend. We know this from experience. 🙂
Prep Time ~15 minutes, Cook Time ~45 minutes.
Tell us what you think
What do you think of our basic seafood boil? Is there anything else that you’d add to it? We’d love to have more recipes in our arsenal for summertime and beyond!
– Kara from Zeke Life
Live like Zeke
You’re such a good boy!